1. Pacotise a servcie of salmon mousse. See recipe for salmon mousse.
2. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper, place one fillet on base and put the pacotised mixture on top, then the other fillet.
3. Vacuum pack light, just until the salmon mousse starts tp foam up under the pressure.
4. Place the green beans and carrots in the varoma dish and set aside.
5. Place the mango pulp and juice, brandy or armanac, green pepper and curry powder in the mixing bowl, cook 10 min / Varoma . speed 1.
6. Add the fish broth or stock, place varoma in position and cook 20 min / Varoma / speed 1. Set Varoma aside.
7. After 10 minutes, place the packed salmon in the water bath at 55.9?C (for ordinary fish, or 50?C for sushi grade).
8. When the 20 minutes on the vegetables have elapsed on the Varoma cooking, remove the varoma and set aside.
9. Add the cream (200g) through the opening, cook 5 min / 90?C / Speed 1.
10. Add the Yoghurt and blend 30 sec / speed 10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Take the salmon out to the water bath (total cooking time 16-18 minutes), open package, cut into serving pieces hot or cold with the vegetables, sprinkle some parsley on top.
This recipe was cobbled together from many sources. I am indepted to the Pacojet cooking book (no copyright) for the Salmon Mousse recipe; to Jason Lodsden for the sous vide cooking times; and to the Thermomix company for the original idea.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (290g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 178 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.8g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 71mg||22 %|
|Sodium 180.5mg||6 %|
|Potassium 408.8mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.4g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 13.5g|
|Protein 4.9g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 251
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.