Saltinbocca is Roman classic which translates into “jump in the mouth” (because they are soooo good). The meat can be pounded into very small cutlets and cooked flat, folded or rolled. Though traditionally made with veal, chicken breast is a common, less expensive, substitution. Rolling the saltinbocca makes them smaller and it means that you can fit more in the pan for browning – but they do take a little longer to cook than their flat and folded counterparts.
1. Cover the meat with a sheet of wax paper and pound it until relatively even thickness.
2. Lay out the chicken breast so that the more "square" side of the pounded filet is pointing up.
3. Cover chicken breast with prosciutto slice - matching the top of the breast with the prosciutto. If the prosciutto slice is longer, you can bunch it up until you reach the bottom of the breast, then roll tightly.
4. Fasten the breast closed with a toothpick or small skewer while spearing a sage leaf.
5. In the preheated pressure cooker, on medium heat without the lid, melt the butter and add the oil and remaining sage leaves. Raise the heat to high and brown the chicken rolls starting sage-leaf-side down (working in batches, if needed).
6. When the rolls are browned on all sides, face them sage-leaf-side up and pour the wine around them. Let the wine evaporate almost completely before adding the stock, salt (omit if stock is salted) and pouring frozen peas on top.
7. Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Set the Cook setting to stew for 7 minutes.
8. When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure. Serve the chicken rolls with a good scoop of peas and their cooking liquid. 9. This dish is great with mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (184g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 43 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.7g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 75.3mg||23 %|
|Sodium 176.3mg||6 %|
|Potassium 371.3mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 2.3g|
|Protein 28.8g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 177
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!