1. Mix the masa harina with the chili powder, paprika, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, oregano and enough water to make a thin paste. Process in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Stir the paste into the simmering stock, reduce the heat and cook until it thickens slightly, then remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
3. Dip the tortillas into the warm sauce. Cover one tortilla with some filling. top with a second dipped tortilla and more filling. Make 1-2 more towers in this way, then transfer to an ovenproof dish.
4. Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas, then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet and cook the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks are still soft.
6. Serve cut into wedges and topped with an egg. Serve with the onion, cilantro and salsa.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (628g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 125 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.9g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.2g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 36.7mg||11 %|
|Sodium 859.5mg||30 %|
|Potassium 690mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.4g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 19.8g|
|Protein 18.5g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 285
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!