Basic chicken satay recipe, completed in homage to Nagi's 'skewers' version (source).
Its incredibly straight forward to make. Best served with jasmine/white rice and your personal preference of steamed vegetables.
1. Mix together the chicken and Marinade with 1/4 cup of coconut milk, then set aside for at least 20 minutes, or overnight.
2. Place remaining coconut milk and Peanut Sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium low heat.
3. Stir to combine then simmer, stirring every now and then, for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a large non stick pan over medium high heat and cook chicken marinade.
5. Adjust consistency of satay sauce with water - it should be reasonable thick but pourable. Keep warm while chicken cooks.
6. Plate up chicken, sprinkled with selected optional additions. Keep satay sauce for dipping on the side or pour over/mix with chicken.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (112g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 191.8mg||7 %|
|Potassium 211.2mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 22g|
|Protein 5g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 188
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!