1) Start cooking the Pearl Barley according to package directions but remove from heat 15 minutes before "done", drain and set aside.
2) In a large pot over medium-high heat, saut? the sausage in 2 tbsp olive oil until browned. Move the sausage to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside.
3) Meanwhile, remove the stalk ends from the kale and discard. Coarsely chop the kale, and saute in 2 Tbls olive oil for 5 minutes, add the water into the pot. Cover the pot and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until kale is just tender, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the garlic, salt, pepper, Tony's, and red pepper. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
5) Add the beans (including liquid) along with the tomatoes and the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
6) Add the Pearl Barley from step 1, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the tomatoes. Add the sausage, stir, and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (114g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 166 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.5g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4.2mg||0 %|
|Potassium 118.6mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.8g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24 %|
|Sugars, other 23.8g|
|Protein 3.9g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 294
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!