Try this Sauteed Kale w/ Bacon & Onion recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Pre-heat medium skillet on medium heat.
2. Add bacon and brown.
3. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel, set aside.
4. Add a little olive oil to pan if needed and then add onion and sauté a couple minutes. Then add garlic and sauté a minute more.
5. Start adding kale to the pan in handfuls. Stir and sauté until done to your liking. If the pan needs a little liquid add a splash of stock or water.
6. Season with the chopped bacon, coarse black pepper and hot pepper flakes/sauce. Shouldn't need much salt with the bacon!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (106g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 80 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 12.6mg||4 %|
|Sodium 184.6mg||6 %|
|Potassium 374.7mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.2g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 7.5g|
|Protein 4.7g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 129
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.