1) Melt butter in a pan and add the diced green onion. Sweat onion, then add the roasted corn and tomatoes and toss for 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
3) In a large bowl, whisk eggs into buttermilk. Add corn meal and mix to coat. Add additional buttermilk or water if the batter is too dry (should be a stiff, but flowing consistency).
4) Add corn-green onion mixture to the corn meal mix and stir to combine.
5) Add the flour dry ingredients mix to the batter and stir until just combined
6) Pour all ingredients into a casserole dish (9"x13") works well. Top with shredded cheese.
7) Bake at 350'F for 45 minutes or until the center is not gooey (it should still be moist, but no batter should come out wet).
This was created with tender child mouths in mind, but if you desire heat, I suggest fresh diced jalapenos or canned chipotle chiles (a bit of the adobo sauce wouldn't hurt any). In a pinch, red pepper flakes would work as well.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (151g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 163 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.1g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.6g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 206.3mg||63 %|
|Sodium 309.4mg||11 %|
|Potassium 306.6mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.4g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 42.2g|
|Protein 14.1g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 405
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!