1. Rinse and clean asparagus, discarding tough ends and removing scales. Boil in salted water for 10 minutes, until tender-crisp. Drain on paper towels.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan until melted. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes until thick.
3. Place 1/2 of the asparagus in the bottom of a greased 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the chopped eggs. and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper over all.
4. Top with remaining asparagus. Sprinkle the remaining chopped eggs along the center portion of the asparagus.
5. Pour the cream sauce down the middle of the baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese. Dot uncovered portions of asparagus with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
6. Bake, covered, and 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake 3-5 minutes longer or until topping is browned. Served immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (913g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 667 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 74.2g||99 %|
|Saturated Fat 42.2g||211 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.8g|
|Cholesterol 594.9mg||183 %|
|Sodium 805.9mg||28 %|
|Potassium 1499.6mg||39 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.9g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.2g||45 %|
|Sugars, other 45.7g|
|Protein 42.6g||61 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1037
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!