Extra flour for dusting
Preparation time: 30 minutes (including 10 minutes baking time)
Pans: 2 baking trays
Storage: Store in an airtight container for a few days. Also suitable for freezing.
Servings: Makes 32 fingers.
• Preheat the oven to 230ºC/450ºF/gas mark 8.
• Rub the margarine into the flour and baking powder. Blend in the milk until you have a soft dough.
• Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly.
• Divide the mixture in half, then half again and so on to make eight, then 16, and then 32 pieces.
• Roll each of these with your hands to make a stick, which is about the thickness of your little finger and 7–8cm long.
• Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 5–10 minutes.
• Add dried fruit for a change, such as 50g of raisins or chopped apricots
• If you want to make a richer scone, add an egg to the mixture
• To make a savoury version, add 75g of grated cheese
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (374g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 383 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 42.5g||57 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4065.6mg||140 %|
|Potassium 288.5mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 169.6g||50 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1g||24 %|
|Sugars, other 163.5g|
|Protein 22.3g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1160
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!