I love these! I made these at Warwick Academy High School in Bermuda. Somewhere around 1990.
1. If using sausages, remove skins and using a little flour; shape each one on a board into a circle large enough to wrap around each egg.
2. Coat eggs completely with meat, making sure all the joints are sealed.
3. Dip the sausage covered eggs into beaten egg and then toss in breadcrumbs.
4. Toss gently to remove excess crumbs.
5. Fry in hot oil until evenly browned. Drain on kitchen paper.
6. Serve hot or cold.
7. Garnish with parsley, watercress or tomato wedges and accompany with a salad if you want.
Prep. time (min):25
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (72g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 67 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.5g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 305.1mg||94 %|
|Sodium 92.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 92.5mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.7g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.7g|
|Protein 9.1g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 109
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!