1. Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and seed them. Place on microwave-safe plate and microwave for 2-3 minutes to soften. (Soften to taste). Set aside.
2. Chop green onions, cilantro, and anything else you want to mix in with the eggs. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to BROIL.
4. Crack eggs and add milk. Mix well, add salt and pepper and scramble. Add onion, cilantro and anything else you like (cooked turkey sausage, tomato, mushrooms, etc.) to the eggs when they are almost done.
5. Stuff pepper "cup" with egg mixture and top each with havarti and shredded cheese.
6. Broil for one minute or until cheese melts.
Top with sour cream and salsa, slice up an avocado and sprinkle it with lemon juice, toast some whole wheat bread and you are good to go!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (442g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 354 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.3g||52 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.3g||86 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 909.5mg||280 %|
|Sodium 674.1mg||23 %|
|Potassium 641.6mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 11.1g|
|Protein 41.6g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 577
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.