1. Grate the zest from the orange and set the zest aside. Slice off the top and bottom of the orange with a knife and then follow the curve of the fruit to remove the peel and white pith all around. Working over a bowl, slice between the membranes to remove the orange segments. Cut each segment into a few pieces and set aside in the bowl.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Break the cauliflower into florets. Add the florets to the boiling water and cook until the cauliflower is fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Try not to overcook it or the purée will be gelatinous instead of smooth. Drain and then purée in a blender or food processor with 3½ tablespoons of the butter. Keep warm.
3. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter with the olive oil over high heat. When the butter starts to foam, swirl the pan constantly until the color turns light brown. Add the scallops and sear on each side until browned and barely cooked in the center, 3 to 4 minutes total.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil over high heat. Add the wine and continue to boil for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, the capers, and orange segments and any juice.
5. Spoon the cauliflower purée onto shallow bowls or plates and top with the scallops. Spoon the caper sauce on top and around the scallops. Sprinkle the orange zest and parsley over the top. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (441g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 229 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.4g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.8g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 149.7mg||46 %|
|Sodium 726.5mg||25 %|
|Potassium 1442.6mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.9g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 9.3g|
|Protein 47.8g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 475
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!