1. four quart pot put water, onion, celery, lemon and garlic. Fill the pot with seafood items to just below the water level.
2. Bring to a rapid boil to make the stock as clear as possible.
3. lower hear immediately to simmer no less than 2 hours and no more than 8 hours.
4. strain and reduce to taste. This can be done in an open pot, simmered low until enough of the water has evaporated.
5. This can give anything between 2 1/2 quarts and 1 quart of stock
This recipe is from the Commander's Palace in New Orleans and found in the book 'La Meilleure de la Louisiane'
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3549g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 9 (4%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 417.5mg||14 %|
|Potassium 1478mg||39 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.5g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.7g||47 %|
|Sugars, other 34.8g|
|Protein 7.1g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 212
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!