1. heat a 10-12 inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add oil and butter and heat until quite hot.
2. wash scallops, pat dry and put them in pan in single uncrowded layer. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Sear each side (about 2-4 minutes) and remove from pan.
4. Let pan cool before you make sauce.
5. Return pan to medium heat and add butter, shallots and saute about 1 minute until they begin to soften.
6. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half (about 1 minute). Add herbs and lemon zest. Reduce heat to low and add remaining butter and whisk constantly until butter melts into sauce.
7. Return scallops and any juices back to pan.
8. gently roll scallops in sauce to warm through.
9. Season with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (183g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 282 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.3g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 128.1mg||39 %|
|Sodium 378.8mg||13 %|
|Potassium 569.8mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 6.9g|
|Protein 27.2g||39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 428
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!