Pull out all ingredients
In a tiny bowl or glass, combine the oil and garlic
1. In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute until tender and golden, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic (leaving the oil behind in the bowl) and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
2. Stir in the wine and bring it to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the liquid has reduced by just over half.
3. Meanwhile, season the scallops with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan and add the scallops – be careful not to crowd them.
4. Sear the scallops until golden on both sides, but still tender to the touch – about 5-9 minutes depending on the size of the scallops.
5. Pour the wine sauce into the pan over the scallops, and shake the pan lightly to combine.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (162g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 176 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.6g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.4g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 90.6mg||28 %|
|Sodium 384.8mg||13 %|
|Potassium 594.6mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 2.7g|
|Protein 26.9g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 312
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.