A North African dish of savory eggs poached in a pepper tomato sauce.
1. Saute onions and mushrooms and salt until golden
2. Add peppers and saute till tender
3. Add spices and saute 2 minutes until infused
4. Add tomato sauce and water and cook slowly 10 min
5. Make a small well in the sauce for each egg. Individually Crack eggs into a small bowl and the transfer to each well without breaking yolks
6. Cover and cook until eggs are poached.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro, drizzle with olive oil
8. Add sauce to bowls and top with egg. Drizzle a little extra oil and serve with toast.
Just be sure to cook your sauce until the veggies are nice and soft and sweet. You don't want crunchy onions and peppers in this, so take a little time building the base.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (395g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 145 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.2g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 512.1mg||158 %|
|Sodium 427.5mg||15 %|
|Potassium 711.3mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30.3g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 26.6g|
|Protein 22.7g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 350
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.