1) Clean, peal, and boil potatoes. (Make sure they are almost done before you begin to brown the meat.) Set your oven to the "warm" setting.
2) Brown the meat. (You can add seasoning for taste. I usually leave it plain.)
3) While browning the meat, steam or boil your vegetables (depending on whether they're frozen or canned).
4) Once the meat is down and the veggies are hot, drain them. Then mix them in a deep 13 x 9 backing pan. (Here is where to mix the gravy with the meat and veggies if you'd like. Some do some don't!)
5) Drain and mash the boiled potatoes then mix with the butter and cream cheese.
6) Spread the mashed potatoes evenly on top of the meat and veggie mix.
7) Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and place in the oven to warm the mixture and melt the cheese.
8) Remove from the oven and serve!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (863g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 722 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 80.2g||107 %|
|Saturated Fat 35.1g||175 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 233.6mg||72 %|
|Sodium 621.1mg||21 %|
|Potassium 2535.6mg||67 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 93.8g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.5g||42 %|
|Sugars, other 83.3g|
|Protein 60.8g||87 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1326
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.