1. Toss pork into bowl of slow cooker with salt, black pepper, and dried oregano to coat. Place onion pieces on top of pork.
2. Cover slow cooker and cook pork on low setting until meat is very tender and falling apart, about 6 hours.
3. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to cutting board. Discard onion pieces. Using fingers or fork, shred pork; transfer carnitas to platter.
4. Place avacado slices, cilantro, and sliced red bell peppers alongside.
5. Wrap corn tortillas in damp kitchen towel and microwave until warm about 1 minute.
6. Serve with warm tortillas and tomatillo salsa
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (623g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 346 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 38.4g||51 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.8g||54 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.5g|
|Cholesterol 131.5mg||40 %|
|Sodium 279.4mg||10 %|
|Potassium 1642.6mg||43 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 153.5g||45 %|
|Dietary Fiber 24.4g||98 %|
|Sugars, other 129.1g|
|Protein 66g||94 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1199
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.