1. Preheat oven to 200*C. Heat the butter in a frying pan, gently fry the shallots until softened but not brown.
2. Add mushrooms and stir for a few minutes until softened. Splash in the Sherry and allow to bubble until it has almost evaporated.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche, parsley or thyme and plenty of salt and pepper. Allow to cool.
4. Roll out the puff pastry thinly and stamp out into size and shape of puffs required. Brush edges with a little milk or beaten egg, spoon some mixture into the centre of each round. Fold over and seal the edges (or leave unfolded for a tartlet-type effect, instead of a puff).
5. Put on a damp baking sheet, brush any exposed pastry with egg, and bake for 8-10 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve warm.
Alternatives to the basic mix are to add cheese: choose a melty one, e.g. Taleggio or camembert (take the rind off); pancetta or parma ham in little ribbons, asparagus, and/or probably basically anything that you fancy would work! I've also done cherry tomatoes, red onions, roasted peppers and parmesan, which went down well!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 8.4mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.4g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.4g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!