1. Submerge your dried shiraegi in a big pot of lukewarm water overnight. Depending on how dry your shiraegi is, you can soak it for up to 24 hours. Try to change out the water two or three times while it’s soaking. When it’s ready, the stems and leaves should be somewhat plump but not bloated.
After soaking, rinse well in cold running water. Boil the shiraegi in a good amount of water for 1 to 2 hours until soft, and rinse again in cold running water. If the stem is thick and big, check to see how fibrous it is. You may need to peel off a thin layer of skin from the stems.
2. Cut into 4 to 5 bite-sized pieces.
3. Sauté 1 piece of garlic, minced, in perilla oil for about a minute and add the shiraegi and sauté for another minute.
4. Add water, anchovies, doenjang and the remaining garlic, sliced. Cover with a lid and braise for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until the stems are tender and almost no liquid remains.
5. Add the thinly sliced daepah, red chilli and green chili. Toss well.
6. Place in a banchan dish and sprinkle some roasted sesame seed.
This can be served hot or cold as a side dish with rice.
*if you don’t have jumbo-sized Scallions, use regular scallions, don’t use leeks. They have a different flavor profile.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (310g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 14.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 207.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 7.9g|
|Protein 1.8g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 40
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!