This is probably my favorite dinner salad. Something about this salad screams summer, refreshing and satisfying all at the same time. And it tastes better the longer you let the shrimp marinade, so it can be made ahead if you’re expecting company or are like me and have more time to prepare supper in the afternoon (during nap time) than in the evening (when everyone is starving and wants to eat right now). Serves 2 dinner servings or 4-6 appetizer servings.
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
1. Pour cilantro dressing/marinade over shrimp (make sure any excess water is poured off if you are using thawed frozen shrimp). Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (2 or 3 is better).
2. Wash and dry lettuce (use a Salad Spinner, paper towel, clean tea towel or just let it sit in a colander). Divide among plates.
3. Cut avocado into bite-size wedges. Sprinkle over lettuce.
4. Top with marinated shrimp and leftover dressing. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (535g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 360 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 40g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.9g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.9g|
|Cholesterol 344.7mg||106 %|
|Sodium 2115.1mg||73 %|
|Potassium 1567.9mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.2g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.6g||58 %|
|Sugars, other 8.7g|
|Protein 51.2g||73 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 636
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!