1. Boil the water in a large saucepan. Stir in the bulgur; remove the pan from the heat. Cover and let stand until the water is absorbed, 25-30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the shrimp, drain, and coarsely chop. Then set aside.
3. Fluff the bulgur with a fork, let cool slightly. Stir in the shrimp, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, basil, and parsley until just combined.
4. Combine the lime juice, oil, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until blended. Pour the dressing over the bulgur mixture; toss to coat.
5. Serve and enjoy...tastes even better after its been marinating!
Goes easy on the onion, and I've added diced red and orange bell pepper and its delicious -daphne
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (929g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 66 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 129.3mg||40 %|
|Sodium 21051.3mg||726 %|
|Potassium 2151mg||57 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.3g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||38 %|
|Sugars, other 39.9g|
|Protein 38g||54 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 398
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!