1. Put the chicken stock in a medium pot and add the shrimp shells and cook over medium heat.
2. Mix cajun seasoning, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
3. Add peeled, deveined shrimp to the bowl with the spice mixture and toss to coat. Set aside.
4. Place a large saute pan over medium heat and coat with olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes to soften.
5. Add the sausage and cook, stirring until there is a fair amount of fat in the pan and the sausage is brown.
6. Sprinkle flour over the mixture. Cook for 1 minute and make sure there are no lumps.
7. Slowly pour in the chicken stock and continue to stir to avoid lumps.
8. Toss in the bay leaves.
9. When the mixture comes to a simmer, add in the shrimp. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the shrimp are firm and pink and the gravy is smooth and thick. Add the lemon juice.
Thoughts on this. I took out the cayenne pepper in the recipe to cut the heat.
I think this would be great with a cornmeal curst to simulate grits. Add cheese to the crust for cheese grits?
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (154g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 82 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.1g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 22.2mg||7 %|
|Sodium 267.3mg||9 %|
|Potassium 148.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 3.1g|
|Protein 6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 120
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!