1. Shelled and deveined the shrimp. Reserved the shells.
2. In a bowl mix the water, salt and sugar. Put the shrimp in this solution, covered and put it in the fridge for 15 minutes to brine.
3. Put 1 tbs of olive oil in a pan. When simmering, put the shells and leave them until brown is the dominant color. Turn off the heat, pour the vine and thyme. Returned to the heat and simmer again for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and strain the broth.
4. Slice the garlic. Wipe the pan (just a little bit so no shell is in it) and add 1 tbs of olive oil over medium-high heat. When is simmering add the garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Mix it and let the garlic to brown the edges between 3-5 minutes.
5. Pour the broth (around 2/3 cup) to the pan and add the shrimp to poach them. Put a lid on the pan and cook them for 5 minutes or until opaque (you'll have to stir them a few times). Take the shrimp out of the pan and reserved them. Leave the sauce on the pan and put it aside from the heat.
To make the scampi sauce:
1. With a fork mix in a small bowl the lemon juice and the cornstarch.
2. Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the lemon juice. Whisk it for a minute. Turn off the heat.
3. Add the butter and the parsley and mix it until the butter is completely melt. Add the shrimp and mix.
You can serve this like an appetizer or with pasta or rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (281g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 136 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.1g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 362.2mg||111 %|
|Sodium 2132.7mg||74 %|
|Potassium 395.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.5g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 5g|
|Protein 36.5g||52 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 307
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!