1. Place Sichuan peppercorns (discard any black seeds) in a frying pan and toast over low heat until fragrant. Let cool, and then crush to a coarse texture.
2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, toasted Sichuan peppercorns, Chinkiang vinegar, Shaoxing rice wine (if using), red chili flakes, ginger, honey, and toasted sesame oil. (Keep 2 tbsp of marinade separate for using as a sauce later on the cooked chicken wings)
3. Marinade the chicken wings well. Cover and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, or overnight.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400F.
5. Line a baking pan or broiler pan with parchment paper, and place the chicken wings on top (keep any leftover marinade for basting later). Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes - flipping the wings over twice and basting each time - until chicken wings turn crispy & golden.
6. Drizzle the reserved 2 tbsp of sauce over the cooked chicken wings and serve. [Alternatively, you can thicken the sauce by heating it in a small pot while the wings are roasting. First, mix 2 tsp of cornstarch with 1 tsp water. Then bring the sauce to a simmer, add in the cornstarch mixture, stir, and let simmer until you reach the desired consistency.]
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!