1. In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in a bit of oil.
2. Add butter and stir until melted.
3. Add Chicken Broth.
4. Add Chicken Breasts.
5. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer and cover. Allow to simmer for a minimal of three hours, the longer you allow the chicken to simmer the better the flavors develop. About two hours into cooking gently half the chicken breasts with spatula. You want the chicken to shred itself.
6. After three hours, stir chicken and turn to medium heat until all liquid is evaporated.
7. Serve alone, or on rice or risotto.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (297g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 218 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.2g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.8g||74 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 103.5mg||32 %|
|Sodium 519.6mg||18 %|
|Potassium 267mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.2g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 15.2g|
|Protein 19.5g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 361
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!