1. Pour the tomatoes with their juices into a 1 quart liquid measuring cup. Add water until the mixture measures 1 quart.
2. Heat the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and leeks and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the ground meat and cook, breaking apart the meat, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
3. Add carrots and mushroom and cook till they are soft.
4. Scatter the pasta over the meat but do not stir. Pour the diced tomatoes with their juices and tomato sauce over the pasta. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the 1/2 cup Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Dot with heaping tablespoons of the ricotta, cover, and let stand off the heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil and the remaining 2 tbs Parmesan. Serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (440g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 116 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.9g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 83.4mg||26 %|
|Sodium 454.4mg||16 %|
|Potassium 1254.3mg||33 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.2g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 18g|
|Protein 25.8g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 294
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.