1. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add tortilla strips and cook 4 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Set aside on separate plate.
2. Increase heat to medium high. Cook bell pepper strips in same skillet 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly brown on edges. Add the reserved tomato liquid, bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until almost evaporated.
3. Stir in tomatoes and chicken; cook 1 minute to heat. Reduce heat to medium low; sprinkle with the tortilla strips and pour the eggs evenly on top.
4. Cover and cook 8 to 9 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes for cheese to melt.
5. To serve, cut into six wedges and sprinkle with chopped green onions or cilantro, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 serving (215g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 136 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.1g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.4g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 283.2mg||87 %|
|Sodium 591.1mg||20 %|
|Potassium 179.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 9.7g|
|Protein 18.4g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 258
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.