1. Combine broth and 1 can of chiles in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Add chicken; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done, turning chicken once.
2. Remove chicken from cooking liquid, SAVING cooking liquid; cool chicken. Shred meat with two forks, and set aside.
In the same skillet used to cook the chicken - with the leftover cooking liquid - heat oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 can of chiles and onion; saute 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Add milk and cream cheese - stir until cream cheese is melted.
4. Add Monterey Jack (or whatever shredded cheese you are using), stir until cheese is melted.
5. Add enchilada sauce and mix well.
6. Add chicken
7. Mix CAREFULLY.
8. Layer two tortillas in a lightly greased baking dish.
9. Top with half of your chicken mixture
10. Repeat - two tortillas then the other half of your chicken mixture. Top the last layer with cheddar cheese and chips.
11. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 311; Total Fat: 11g; Total Carbs: 16g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Protein: 38g; Sugar 2g WW Points Plus: 8
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (139g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 13 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0.6mg||0 %|
|Sodium 23.1mg||1 %|
|Potassium 62.9mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 4.1g|
|Protein 1.3g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 36
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!