1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots.
3. Sauté until slightly tender.
4. Stir in garlic.
5. Pour in chicken broth.
6. Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
7. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
8. Cook until cabbage is tender.
9. Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt (if using)
10. Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Jazz it up by adding lots of spices, herbs and a variety of veggies.
This makes enough for about 3 days. Keeps well in the fridge for about 3 day.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3524g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3038 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 337.5g||450 %|
|Saturated Fat 145.5g||728 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 123.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 44.7g|
|Cholesterol 1504.6mg||463 %|
|Sodium 3093mg||107 %|
|Potassium 8981mg||236 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 217.7g||64 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 212.3g|
|Protein 368.3g||526 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 5405
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!