1. Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined, 3-4 times. Add butter and shortening; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, 8-10 times. Drizzle in 6 Tbsp. of the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition, until mixture clumps together. If needed, add remaining 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon at a time, pulsing after each addition, until mixture clumps together. Gently divide cough into thirds. Shape one-third of the dough into a flat rectangle and shape the other two-thirds together into a larger flat rectangle. Wrap dough disks individually in plastic wrap; chill at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. (Dough may be stored in freezer, wrapped tightly with plastic wrap, up to 1 month. To use from frozen, let dough thaw 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator.)
2. Preheat oven to 375. Unwrap the larger slab pastry crust disk; roll dough out on a lightly floured work surface into an 18X13-inch rectangle. Wrap dough around rolling pin; gently fit inside a 15X10-inch jelly-roll pan. Turn dough edges under; crimp. Prick bottom and sides of dough with a fork. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 3-4-inch overhang around pan edges. Fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 10 minutes. Remove parchment paper and pie weights. Return crust to oven; bake at 375 until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. (reserve remaining smaller dough disk for another use.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 350. Whisk together condensed milk, yolks, lime zest, and lime juice in a large bowl. Gently pour into prepared crust. Return to oven, and bake until center is almost set, 11-13 minutes. (The center will not be firm but will set up as it chills.) Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
4. Process strawberries in a food processor or blender until completely smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl; discard solids.
5. Beat heavy cream, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of the strained strawberry mixture in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment on medium-high speed until foamy, about 30 seconds. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. (Reserve any remaining strained strawberry mixture for another use.)
6. Spoon whipped cream mixture over pie filling, gently swirling to cover and leaving some of the filling showing underneath Garnish the pie with additional lime zest and strawberries if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (307g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 554 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 61.5g||82 %|
|Saturated Fat 24.1g||120 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.9g|
|Cholesterol 2544.5mg||783 %|
|Sodium 106mg||4 %|
|Potassium 264.4mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 72g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 71.9g|
|Protein 33g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 964
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!