1. Peel potatoes if the skin is tough, otherwise just scrub and rinse them.
2. Cut potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through. Use a handle of a spoon to prevent knife from cutting all the way.
3. Put potatoes ina baking dish. Fan them slightly.
4. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter. sprinkle with herbs.
5. Bake potatoes at 425-degrees for about 50 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheeses.
7. Bake potatoes for another 10 to 15 minutes until lighly browned, cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft inside. Check with a fork.
You may use caraway seeds of cumin in place of herbs, if desired. Use about 1 1/2 teaspoon for 4 large potatoe.
Good served with: Any meat, fish or poultry dishes or as a main dish with just a salad.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (192g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 24.4mg||8 %|
|Sodium 130mg||4 %|
|Potassium 1017.2mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.8g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 34.1g|
|Protein 7.3g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 261
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.