1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add the basil leaves and hot red pepper flakes and stir well.
3. Rinse and dry the tomatoes. Toss with a teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons sugar.
4. Place the tomatoes in a roasting pan with sides. The pan should be large enough to hold the tomatoes in a single layer. If they won't fit, use an additional roasting pan and more olive oil to come halfway up the tomatoes, about 1/2 a cup, depending on the size of the pan.
5. Roast until the tomatoes are tender, but not falling apart, about 3 hours. Stir once, gently, during the roasting.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (145g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 118 (79%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.2g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 596.3mg||21 %|
|Potassium 297.4mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.9g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 6.2g|
|Protein 1.5g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 150
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!