1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble when cool.
2. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons fat from the pan. Add onion and cook over medium heat, stirring, until softened, 3 to 6 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, fennel seeds, pepper and bay leaf and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine, bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits. Add tomatoes and their juice and salt; stir well.
3. Place chicken thighs in a 4-quart (or larger) slow cooker. Sprinkle the bacon over the chicken. Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 3 hours on High or 6 hours on Low.
4. Cook pasta or rice separately.
5. Remove the bay leaf. Serve over rice or pasta, sprinkled with parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (413g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 363 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 40.4g||54 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.7g||58 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.5g|
|Cholesterol 229.6mg||71 %|
|Sodium 441.2mg||15 %|
|Potassium 799.9mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.2g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 36.5g|
|Protein 46.1g||66 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 713
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.