Try this Slow Cooked Beef Ragu with Rigatoni recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan forced).
2. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Combine beef with flour in a bowl and shake off excess.
3. Place a large heavy based ovenproof casserole dish over high heat then add 1 tablespoon oil. Once the oil is hot, but not smoking, brown the beef on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer the beef to a plate.
4. Reduce heat to medium-high and add remaining oil to pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes until vegetables begin to brown.
5. Add the thyme. Stir in the tomatoes, stock, water and vinegar and cook for about 4 minutes, until softened, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
6. Return the beef and any juices to the pan. Bring to the boil, then cover and transfer pan to the oven. Cook for 2 ½-3 hours or until meat is very tender and sauce has reduced and is thick. Remove the thyme stem.
7. Meanwhile cook the rigatoni according to packet directions just before the ragu is ready.
8. Add the rigatoni to the ragu and toss to combine thoroughly.
9. Spoon into 4 large serving bowls and garnish with the parmesan cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (410g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 975 (97%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 108.3g||144 %|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 78.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 499.9mg||17 %|
|Potassium 553.6mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.5g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 5.5g|
|Protein 5.2g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1001
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.