1. Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned; drain and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg whites, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
4. In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce, half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley on top.
5. Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender.
Cooking Time:4 hr 10 min
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (259g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 397 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 44.2g||59 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.2g||96 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.8g|
|Cholesterol 167.3mg||51 %|
|Sodium 1260.3mg||43 %|
|Potassium 457.9mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.8g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 37.5g|
|Protein 41.6g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 723
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.