1. Thinly slice onion. Mince garlic. Cut roast into large hunks (about 1-2 hunks per pound) and season generously with salt.
2. Heat oil in a large pan. Working in batches as needed, sear the meat until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove meat and place in your slow cooker.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
4. Use tongs to transfer meat to a rimmed baking sheet. Use two forks to shred the meat.
5. Serve immediately or place meat back into the juices until ready to serve. If serving from the slow cooker, use a slotted spoon or tongs so that you drain the meat from the juices.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (282g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 402 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 44.6g||59 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.9g||85 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 149.7mg||46 %|
|Sodium 237.2mg||8 %|
|Potassium 768mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 2.5g|
|Protein 44.5g||64 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 603
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!