1. Cooking Chickpeas:
2. If you are using dried chickpeas, boil them them for 5 minutes the night before. Discard the water. Soak them overnight and change the soak water once while soaking. Discard the soak water again. Cook the chickpeas in the pressure cooker for about 10 min before adding the chickpeas to the crockpot
3. Canned Chickpeas: rinse and drain them thoroughly before using them
4. In a stainless steel or cast iron pan, sauté oil, onions, ginger, and garlic for 5 minutes
5. Place onion mixture and all other ingredients except for gauram masala in a Crockpot
6. Cook on low for 6-9 hours. Before serving, add garam masala
8. If you don't have a Crockpot, you can make this recipe by cooking on medium high heat on the stove in a covered saucepan for 30 min in place of using the Crockpot
9. Try adding other veggies, like carrots or bell peppers
10. Add a chopped up jalepeno or some cayenne to give your recipe a kick
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (85g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 48 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.3g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5.9mg||0 %|
|Potassium 214.8mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 4.1g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 71
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!