Try this Smash Burger recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
Source: Azmat, from SSC
0. We don't eat pork but if you want bacon on it you want to start with putting it in the oven so that it'll have enough time to get crispy.
1. Coat your pan in a little bit of oil and lightly toast your brioche buns on medium heat in the pan (you want to start with this).
2. Shape the ground meat into balls of about 90-100g if you're going to make burgers with two patties, otherwise go for 100-130g. Don't season the meat yet.
3. Put the balls into a sizzling hot pan, but make sure they have enough space around them for when you smash them. You have to be quick to smash them before they firm up. Put a piece parchment paper on top them, if you don't have a burger press then put a spatula and press hard on it either with your hand or with a meat tenderizer like he did in the video. Press harder than you think is necessary, don't overdo it obviously but this is what most people get wrong. Now you can put salt and pepper.
4. When you start seeing juices coming out of the smashed patty flip it over, season the other side, and put some of that cheap plastic cheddar on it, don't go for any fancy cheese, the cheap one is the best. Once the cheese melts and you think you've gotten a good sear on the other side you're good to go.
5. For the sauce me and my friends just mix sriracha and mayo but you can do just about anything, mayo is the best base though.
6. Assemble your burger.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (60g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 134 (88%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.9g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 15.8mg||5 %|
|Sodium 362.4mg||12 %|
|Potassium 108mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 4.3g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 153
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.