I love this served over pasta.
1. heat oil in pot large enough to hold all ingredients
2. add minced onion and cook down on medium to low heat until the onion is carmalized with its own natural sugars
3. add broth a little at a time to the pot to avoid the vegetable from sticking but do not add so much that the onion is boiling in broth
4. when the onions are fully cooked add the cauliflower, give it a stir and cover the pan
5. check the pan from time to time to ensure nothing is sticking - give all a stir and add broth as needed
6. when the cauliflower is tender and soft enough to mash down, use a potato masher to smash the cauliflower in the pot - smash into bite size pieces.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (159g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 22 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 259.3mg||9 %|
|Potassium 326.2mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 4.3g|
|Protein 2.3g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 53
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.