For the salad:
1. Put the aïoli, lemon juice, anchovies, salt, Hickory powder, pimenton, and pepper into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Put the greens in a large bowl, pour the dressing over the top, and toss until evenly coated.
3. To serve, divide the greens among the plates and season generously with pepper. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and capers over the greens, and grate fresh Parmesan over the salad at the table.
For the Aioli:
1. Fill a small sauce pan with 3 inches of water and bring to a boil over medium heat. With a slotted spoon, lower the egg into the water and boil for six minutes. Remove the egg and put it in a small bowl of cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel the egg.
2. Put the egg, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon, vinegar, salt, and white pepper into a blender and purée on low speed. With the blender running, add the oil in a steady slow stream, blending until emulsified and thickened. Blend on high speed for about a minute. May transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator up to three days.
For the toasted breadcrumbs:
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Scatter the torn bread on a baking sheet and toss with enough olive oil to lightly moisten but not saturate, about 1 tablespoon. Season well with salt and pepper, scatter the herbs over the bread, toss well and spread out. Bake until the bread is dried and beginning to turn golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about five minutes. Add the garlic and oil to the breadcrumbs, toss to combine, and spread out. Return the crumbs to the oven and bake until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool the breadcrumbs completely on the baking sheet (they can then be crushed finer with your hands if you'd like)
3. Store the crumbs in an air tight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (171g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 256 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.5g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.4g|
|Cholesterol 57mg||18 %|
|Sodium 1483.2mg||51 %|
|Potassium 274.7mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 55.6g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 51.3g|
|Protein 14.3g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 532
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!