1. Clean and dry chicken. Rub chicken with salt and rice wine. Let stand for 6 hours.
2. Steam chicken over high heat for 45 minutes. Remove steamed chicken and put on a dish.
3. Put 1/2 cup of sugar and star anise into a wok. Use a rack or 4 chopsticks to make a rack in the wok. Then put the chicken on the rack and cover the wok. Turn the heat on medium high and smoke the chicken for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken to a plate and and let it cool.
5. Cut the chicken into small slices and serve cold.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (55g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 66 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.3g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 50mg||15 %|
|Sodium 425mg||15 %|
|Potassium 95.3mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.3g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.3g|
|Protein 9.1g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 111
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!