1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Trim brown fat from each slice of smoked salmon. Square off long edge of each piece.
2. Process butter in food processor until pale and thick, add rind, anchovies, season to taste and process to combine.
3. Grease the inside of a 1 litre capacity terrine mould with oil, line with plastic wrap, with at least 6cm overhang on all sides. Cut a piece of foam to fit inside the terrine mould. Cover it with aluminum foil and set aside.
4. Cover the base of the terrine with one layer of smoked salmon. Using a crank spatula and a straight edged wooden spoon spread a thin even layer of butter. Continue the layers, alternating salmon and butter mixture until you have reached just over half way of the mould. Cover the terrine with plastic wrap and gently press down, place the foil-covered foam into the terrine and weight down with a few food cans. Freeze for 30 minutes, transfer to the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
5. To make the avocado cream, blend together avocado, lemon juice and oil using a stick blender, until smooth.
6. To make the hazelnut salad, Place hazelnuts on an oven tray and roast until browned. Transfer to a clean towel and rub to remove skins. Heat 15ml olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add hazelnuts, cook until golden. Place remaining olive oil, hazelnut oil, honey, mustard and vinegar in a bowl, whisk to combine. Add the hazelnuts to the vinaigrette mixture. Toss salad leaves through the dressing to lightly coat.
7. Heat grill pan over high heat, drizzle bread with olive oil and cook on each side until golden.
8. To serve, invert terrine mould onto a chopping board and slice. Serve with a spoon of avocado mousse, hazelnut salad and grilled bread.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (225g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 646 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 71.8g||96 %|
|Saturated Fat 30.7g||153 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.2g|
|Cholesterol 258.1mg||79 %|
|Sodium 83.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 1151mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 2.4g|
|Protein 60g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 887
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe