1) Cure fish for 4+ hours with salt/sugar dry-brine mixture in plastic container
2) Remove fish from mixture and rinse/squeegee
3) Allow to dry for a few hours until tough pellicle layer forms on exterior
4) Smoke @ 160 degrees until fish achieves 135 degree internal temp
5) Use optional bastes 30 minutes before completed to add sweetness and experiment with flavors.
6) Cool for an hour and store in fridge in container for up to 10 days or vacuum-seal in fridge for up to 3 weeks. Can freeze for a year.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3298g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 704 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 78.2g||104 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.7g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 21.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 30.7g|
|Cholesterol 1179.3mg||363 %|
|Sodium 59809.9mg||2062 %|
|Potassium 8507.9mg||224 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 863.2g||254 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 863.2g|
|Protein 453.3g||648 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5975
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!