S'Mores In A Jar! What could be better? Combining the flavors of the familiar campfire treat with the seasonal sweetness of Peeps ® brand marshmallow candies, our recipe creates a distinctive holiday gift in a jar. Spiffed up with a fabric topper, pretty ribbon and a gift tag, S'Mores In A Jar make a happy holiday treat for all occasions.
1. Place graham crackers in a zipper freezer food storage bag. Use a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush crackers into crumbs. You'll need about 1½ cups of crushed crumbs. One "sleeve" of graham crackers, or about 10 whole crackers equals 1½ cups when crushed.
2. Place graham cracker crumbs into quart-sized canning jar. Use a meat tenderizer to pack crumbs tightly into the bottom of the jar.
3. Place Peeps candies against the glass on all sides of the canning jar. Press lightly to create a well in the center of the jar. You'll use approximately 2/3 of the package.
4. Add brown sugar to the space in the center of the Peeps, pressing gently to pack.
5. Gently add chocolate chips or M&Ms. to the top of the canning jar. Seal jar with lid and sealer ring.
6. Embellish jar with fabric circle, ribbon or raffia.
7. Create a gift tag with the recipe below.
S'Mores in a Jar Recipe
1. Empty jar into large bowl. Remove marshmallows and combine remaining ingredients, mixing well.
2. Snip marshmallows into small pieces with scissors. Return to bowl; stir into dry mix.
3. Melt 1/2 cup butter, and add melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/3rd cup buttermilk to bowl. Mix well.
4. Press lightly into greased 9-by-9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (147g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 41.1mg||1 %|
|Potassium 195.1mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 143.9g||42 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 143.9g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 557
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!