1. To prepare the steak, in a shallow bowl, mix the flour with the salt and pepper. Coat each steak on both sides with flour and shake off the excess.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the steaks, one at a time, turning once, until almost cooked through- there should not be any red juices running out. Set aside.
3. To make the gravy, in a saucepan, combine the beef broth and the cream of mushroom soup and bring to a boil. Separately, mix the flour with 1/4 cup of water to make a paste and then whisk the paste into the boiling soup. Reduce the heat and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the gravy thickens. Add the red wine and continue to simmer.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the sliced mushrooms for 3 to 4 minutes, then add the kitchen bouquet. Add the cooked mushrooms to the gravy. Season with salt and pepper and, if you would like extra flavor, the minced garlic. Transfer the steaks to a shallow baking pan large enough to hold all 6 in a single layer. Pour half the gravy over the steaks, then cover the pan with foil. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until desired doneness., then plate the steaks and serve with the remaining mushroom gravy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (895g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 68 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.6g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.7g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 5.1mg||2 %|
|Sodium 2454.3mg||85 %|
|Potassium 470.3mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 21.3g|
|Protein 11g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 212
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!