Ingredients for 500ml - about right to fill one pacojet beaker
1. Pour 3 soupspoons of milk or cream into a beaker.
2. Cut an end off each of 3 Snickers bars to a length of 3 inches (8cm). Stand the bars upright in a beaker and place in freezer so that bars will freeze to bottom.
3. In meantime prepare ice cream custard. Let stand to cool.
4. Poor cold custard into the beaker around the Snickers.
5. Freeze to -8?F/-22?C for 24 hours, then process.
0. Heat the milk and cream in a thermomix until it reaches 90?C.
1. Mix the egg yolk with the sugar in the Kenwood bowl with the whisk. If you are doing a small amount you may need to use the flexi beater.
2. Temper by pouring the hot milk and cream mixture into the bowl, with the temperature off, stirring continuously. The termperature should come up to 60?C.
3. Use the whisk on the Kenwood and set to 85?C / 5 minutes or so - until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon
4. Remove from heat, cool kenwood bowl in an ice bath.
5. Add the COLD cream mixture to the Snickers in the beaker and place back in the freezer
Snickers are actually "Marathon" bars in the UK.
Made a double batch on 03MAY2011. Need to have the thickening performed at 100 degrees C and speed 3 it seems.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1884g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 435 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.3g||64 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.5g||147 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 260.1mg||80 %|
|Sodium 793.8mg||27 %|
|Potassium 2817.7mg||74 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 101.1g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 100.8g|
|Protein 63g||90 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1094
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.