1. The amount of chicken and broth depends on how many people you're serving. I like the chicken better shredded, but that can take a while! You can use chicken breasts, or dark meat, like thighs.
2. Mix the chicken and hot broth.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with a small amount of water, (1 teaspoon or a little more) till soupy and not clumpy. Add to chicken mixture and stir until thick. If you don't think it's thick enough, add more cornstarch/water mix. The mixture should be like a thin gravy.
4. You can make the chicken mixture and rice the day before and refrigerate. Then you just have to warm them up the day of the dinner. You can put the chicken mixture in a crock pot to warm up, and the rice in the microwave.
5. Prepare any toppings you decide to use the day ahead. The ones with asterisks are the ones I like best. If you decide to use apples, chop them shortly before the dinner, or they might turn brown.
Place the chicken and rice in separate bowls. Place bowls with the toppings all around the chicken and rice, or you can make a line of items, starting with the rice and going on until the coconut. Maybe group your celery, olives, onions, tomatoes together, then the chow mein noodles, peanuts, cheddar cheese, ending with fruit and pineapple.
Start by putting rice on the plate. Top with chicken mixture. Then people can choose whichever toppings they want to add. (If they have a peanut allergy, they can skip the peanuts, but have plenty of other items to choose from.) The coconut should be added last. That's your snow on the mountain!
You can freeze the chicken mixture and the rice, and use another time, if you have leftovers.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (109g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 11 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 54.8mg||17 %|
|Sodium 62.2mg||2 %|
|Potassium 283.2mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2g|
|Protein 22g||31 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 114
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!