1. Bake the cake and prep the cherry reduction sauce. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a round 8-inch cake pan with vegan butter and flour. Combine dry cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well. Combine all wet cake ingredients except for the vinegar in a separate bowl, whisk well. Pour wet ingredient mixture into dry mixture bowl and whisk well. Stir in the vinegar just until combined throughout and pour immediately into cake pan. Bake 30–35 minutes, and refrigerate when done.
2. Take out ice cream to soften. (If using 2 cheesecake pans, take out all ice cream and you can combine steps). In a medium saucepan add the frozen cherries and bring to a simmer. Stir and turn off heat, allow to sit for 10 minutes. Blend the agave, arrowroot, and juice from the cherries on high. Add cherries to blender and blend until slightly choppy but smooth. Simmer on low for 20 minutes. Divide mixture evenly and refrigerate.
3. Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of cheesecake pan and lock ring over paper. Spread 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Milk Ice Cream evenly over bottom of pan and freeze for 15–30 minutes or until firm enough.
4. Take cocoa cake out of the refrigerator and cut in half lengthwise so that you have two thin round cake pieces. Spread half of the cherry mixture over the top of the ice cream, and top with one of the thin cake slices. Spread 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Cherry Amaretto Almond Milk Ice Cream over the cake and freeze for 1–2 hours or until firm.
5. If you are only using one cheesecake pan, transfer the first half of the ice cream cake (when firm) to a parchment-lined flat surface in the freezer.
6. Make cookie crust in a large mixing bowl by combining crushed cookies and melted vegan butter. Press mixture into bottom of cheesecake pan and spread 1 pint So Delicious Vanilla Almond Milk Ice Cream evenly over crust. Freeze until firm 15–30 minutes.
7. Spread remaining cherry mixture (reserving a tablespoon or two to drizzle on plates, optional) over ice cream and top with other cake half so that the vanilla ice cream layer is on the very top. Press lightly to seal two halves together. Freeze 1–3 hours or until very firm.
8. Make ganache. Combine all ganache ingredients in food processor except for chocolate chips. Melt chocolate chips and add to food processor, combine well. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate mixture if not using right away.
9. Remove ring from cheesecake pan and spread ganache all along sides of ice cream cake. Press chopped almonds into ganache and freeze 30 minutes to 1 hour.
10. Make hard chocolate drizzle for design by melting chocolate chips and shortening. Fill a piping bag with a small nozzle or fill a thick plastic freezer bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Make diamond/tuxedo design over top of cake and return to freezer.
11. Fill remaining ganache in a piping bag with a large nozzle and pipe small circular swirls around top of cake (see picture), top each with a cherry. If you do not have piping bags, roll cold refrigerated ganache into small balls.
12. Freeze until ready to eat. To slice, run a large knife under hot water and wipe the blade in-between slices.
1. If you have two cheesecake pans, you may combine steps.
2. Make sure all the pans you use are the same size.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3136g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 2957 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 328.6g||438 %|
|Saturated Fat 97.2g||486 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 89.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 122.8g|
|Cholesterol 244mg||75 %|
|Sodium 2983.4mg||103 %|
|Potassium 5807.2mg||153 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 651.1g||191 %|
|Dietary Fiber 47.6g||191 %|
|Sugars, other 603.4g|
|Protein 48.4g||69 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 7072
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!