This recipe makes extra fried tofu that you can easily use to prepare the Spicy Banh Mi sandwich.
1 oz. uncooked soba noodles
3 tsp. low-sodium tamari, divided
2 tsp. black or white sesame seeds
½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
2 Tbs. whole-wheat flour
2 tsp. garlic powder
½ block (6 oz.) extra-firm tofu, cut into ½-inch cubes
2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
2 Tbs. grated carrots
1 Tbs. finely minced fresh ginger
¼ cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1. Cook noodles in boiling salted water 4 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Toss with 1 tsp. tamari, sesame seeds, and sesame oil; season with white pepper to taste.
2. Stir together flour and garlic powder in medium bowl; add tofu, and toss to coat. Season with black pepper to taste.
3. Spray skillet with olive oil cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat, add tofu, and sauté 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to plate; sprinkle with 1 tsp. tamari; toss with nutritional yeast.
4. Return skillet to heat. Add 2 Tbs. water and remaining 1 tsp. tamari, then broccoli, carrots, and ginger. Cover, and simmer 3 minutes, or until broccoli is warmed through.
5. To assemble: Pack soba noodles in 1 section of bento box or portable container. Pack 1/2 cup tofu and 1/2 cup broccoli mixture in other sections, reserving remaining tofu and broccoli for use in other lunch dishes. Fill in last section with edamame. Refrigerate, uncovered, until all ingredients are chilled thoroughly. Cover box, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (105g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 15 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.7g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 26.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 380.8mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.5g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 4.2g|
|Protein 5.2g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 58
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!